June 21, 2006
LKB is currently expanding and seeking qualified personnel for the
Unless otherwise noted, please submit resumes to:
Fax: (516) 931-6344
ATT: Joan Algios-Human Resources
Lockwood, Kessler & Bartlett, Inc.
1 Aerial Way
Syosset, NY 11791-5592
Construction Inspection positions available for the NYC Metropolitan
Area, including Hudson Valley and Southern Connecticut. Experience and
familiarity with the area are key. NYC Department of Design &
Construction, NYS Department of Transportation, NYS Thruway Authority,
and/or Connecticut Department of Transportation experience is
required. Applicants should possess NICET II, III or IV certification
or NETTCP. For Resident Engineers, P.E. is preferred.
(Transmission & Distribution)
Coordinate the various engineering disciplines and resources to ensure
competent and timely completion of Electrical Transmission &
Distribution designs for industrial and utility applications in the
range of 480V through 345kV.
Design projects could include:
- Design and Development of Electric Substation and Distribution
- Conceptual and detailed design of High, Medium and Low Voltage
- Protective relay system design.
- Development of Medium, High and Extra High Voltage cable systems
(aerial and underground) and cable related facilities.
- Design of Rigid Bus and Grounding systems.
- Coordinate, prepare, and review equipment and construction
- Coordinate and/or prepare drawings and reports for submission to
- Interface design to Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Inspection and evaluation of existing electrical systems.
Interior and exterior raceway design.
Qualifications: Candidate must have good interpersonal skills
for working in a team environment and possess the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years design experience in Transmission & Distribution
- Knowledge of specifications for transformers, power circuit
breakers, disconnect switches, protective relays and substation
installation and construction.
- Ability to develop system-level designs and detailed work
packets for designers.
- Ability to develop single line, schematic and wiring diagrams.
- Demonstrated communication skill.
Environmental Engineers (Project Engineer
BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering with
5-10 years experience. PE required. Primary design and client contact
experience required in landfill capping and closure projects; (solid
waste) transfer station design and permitting; storm water treatment
facilities; underground storage tank (UST) design and remediation; and
preparing Army Corp 404 and NPDES permits
as well as Environmental Impact Statements (EIS). Should be familiar
with current and proposed regulatory requirements in these areas. The
following are also considered a plus: experience in design of pump
stations; wastewater treatment facilities; familiarity with Title V air
permitting and storm water regulations and specifying instrumentation
and preparation of Instrumentation and Control (I&C) drawings. Must have
solid communication skills (verbal and writing) and be capable of
handling multiple priorities. Project Management skills desired.
minimum 5-10 years experience required in design/bridge
inspection. Must be familiar with NYSDOT design procedures and
BSCE and minimum 5-10 years experience required in roadway design,
drainage, and MPT for NYSDOT projects.