Joan Algios, Human Resources
LKB Consulting Engineers
One Aerial Way
Syosset, NY 11791-5592
ATT: Joan Algios, Human Resources
Design projects could include:
- Design and Development of Electric Substation and Distribution Systems.
- Conceptual and detailed design of High, Medium and Low Voltage switchyards.
- Protective relay system design.
- Development of Medium, High and Extra High Voltage cable systems (aerial and underground) and cable related facilities.
- Design of Rigid Bus and Grounding systems.
- Coordinate, prepare, and review equipment and construction specifications.
- Coordinate and/or prepare drawings and reports for submission to clients.
- Interface design to Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Inspection and evaluation of existing electrical systems.
- Interior and exterior raceway design.
Qualifications: Candidate must have good interpersonal skills for working in a team environment and possess the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years design experience in Transmission & Distribution systems.
- Knowledge of specifications for transformers, power circuit breakers, disconnect switches, protective relays and substation installation and construction.
- Ability to develop system-level designs and detailed work packets for designers.
- Ability to develop single line, schematic and wiring diagrams.
- Demonstrated communication skill.
Entry Level Position, FE Preferred
Entry level position requiring a BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering, FE preferred. Some experience and familiarity with AutoCAD is desirable. Must have solid communication skills (verbal and written) and be capable of handling multiple priorities. Primary work assignments will be in solid waste management projects, including landfill expansion, capping and closure projects, groundwater and gas sampling, technical report writing, permitting, and preparation of funding applications. Additional work assignments may include the design of sewage pump stations, sewer systems and storm water treatment systems, and the preparation of Army Corp §404 and NPDES permits.
Civil or Environmental Engineer Position, PE Required
BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering with 5-10 years experience. PE required. Primary design and client contact experience required in landfill expansion, capping and closure projects, municipal solid waste transfer station design and permitting, storm water treatment facilities, underground storage tank (UST) design and remediation, and preparing Army Corp 404 and NPDES permits as well as Environmental Impact Statements (EIS). Should be familiar with current and proposed regulatory requirements in these areas. The following are also considered a plus: experience in design of pump stations, wastewater treatment facilities, familiarity with Title V air permitting and storm water regulations and specifying instrumentation and preparation of Instrumentation and Control (I&C) drawings. Must have solid communication skills (verbal and written) and be capable of handling multiple priorities. Project Management skills desired.
Lockwood, Kessler & Bartlett, Inc., is a full-service consulting engineering firm, headquartered in Syosset, NY with satellite offices in Pleasantville, NY and Waterbury, CT. LKB serves municipalities, government agencies and private clients in the tri-state area as a one-stop source for their engineering and professional services’ needs. We are seeking a recent college graduate for an entry level marketing coordinator position for our Syosset, Long Island office. This position will report to the Director of Marketing Operations, and will work closely with technical staff to coordinate quality proposals, presentations and other marketing collateral.
- Preparation and production of qualifications packages, proposals, presentation materials and award entries.
- Preparation of firm collateral such as project cut sheets and resumes.
- Completion and layout of industry standard forms (SF 254/255, SF 330, Vendex).
- Work with other members of the department to maintain databases of electronic files of text and graphic materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or English preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-disciplined, detailed oriented individual with ability to work well under pressure, prioritize and multi-task to meet tight deadlines.
- Capable of working independently or in teams.
- Proficient Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop a plus.
- Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
Please submit your resume, with a cover letter stating your salary requirements to email@example.com.
LKB is an equal opportunity employer. The foundation of our personnel policy is that all qualified persons regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other legally protected status, are entitled to equal employment opportunities. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training and development, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.